Founded in 2003, MacGregor Lyon, LLC is an AV-rated Preeminent business law firm based in Atlanta serving the legal needs of small businesses and start-up companies. We serve as outside general counsel for small businesses who need efficient and competent legal help from time to time from an attorney who knows their business.
Being small business owners ourselves, we understand the needs of small companies in ways that larger firms cannot and know what it takes to compete and thrive in today’s marketplace.
Glenn M. Lyon
Glenn M. Lyon is a member of Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite and an AV-rated Preeminent business attorney specializing in providing legal services to small and medium-sized, privately-held businesses and start-up companies, including transactional services and commercial litigation. Glenn also handles corporate mergers and acquisitions of various small businesses, and also manages business contracts such as buy-sell agreements, franchise agreements, beta and licensing agreements, and employment/ independent contractor agreements. Glenn also has experience in alternate dispute resolution, both as a participant and as a mediator and arbitrator.
Before founding MacGregor Lyon, LLC, Glenn practiced commercial litigation at King & Spalding, LLP in Atlanta and was employed as general corporate counsel for Cedar Consulting Group, an international information technology consulting company based in the United Kingdom and nationally in Baltimore, Maryland.
Glenn lives in West Midtown with his wife, two sons and their two dogs. He enjoys playing guitar when he can find the time and spending time with his family and dogs on Lake Sinclair.
Activities & Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia
- Business Law Section
- Corporate Counsel Section
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Former
- Business and Finance Section
- Past Chair, SP/SF Section
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Membership Committee Chair
- Long Range Planning Committee
- Soaring Owls Foundation
- Board of Directors
- Mercer Legal Aid Clinic
- Delta Kappa Epsilon
- ProBono Partnership of Atlanta
- Volunteer Business Attorney
- Business Resource Group
- Co-Founder & Current Member
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia
Publications / Presentations
- Why Should I Incorporate?
- What Every Family Law Attorney Needs to Know about Business Law
- Which Business Structure is Right for You?
- Top 10 Legal Issues in Commercial Leases
- LLC vs. S-Corporations - A Tax Comparison
- Business Structures 101
- The Sale of the Small Business
- Liability and Corporate Documentation
- Independent Contractor vs. Employee - A Legal Comparison